Wedding

Labels

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Pre Cana And Canonical Interview

We are supposedly scheduled to have our Canonical Interview last December 9, 2010 however since San Agustin realized that we have a different religion ni H2B and there was no available priest that time so we need to re-schedule the Canonical. I already took my vacation leave that time...see??? how they would have not realized that we are a mixed marriage when we have indicated during our booking the religion of H2B and I. The church assistant also asked us if we want already to be scheduled for a pre-cana and so we did.

Rvee and I arrived San Agustin before 8AM. Couples were coming in already the pre-cana seminar room. Rvee is already beginning to get bored waiting since it's already 8AM and the seminar has not started yet. He then started to play froggy jump in his i-touch since he came all the way from work and he has not slept yet. I am also quite worried that he might get bored and fall asleep at the seminar.

It was already 8:30 AM when the speaker came in. She was vibrant and full of energy. I thought it would just an ordinary..boring kind of seminar. But, when the speaker started out and involving her audience I was in the assumption that there is more in this seminar. When she started it out by educating us back through the sacrament of the Holy Matrimony and including the other 7 sacraments as well. I was actively participating as I still remember the 7 sacraments. How would I ever forget when I have been taught 12 years of my life with Christian education. Rvee been teasing mo of "honor student" when most of the question from the sacrament to what number in the commandments as well as the capital sin..I was able to answer. What we really like about the speaker is that she was able to give a very true to life experience which I guess the most credible advise during counseling and seminars like this. She was able to give an accurate example that indeed married life is not all "bed of roses". She reminded us soon to be wifey that we need to be submissive to our husband. The importance of values of LOVE, TRUST, HONESTY, and FAITHFULNESS. Her life experience in married life really strikes us that indeed it's a joint effort (for both husband and wife) to make it work. The promise and covenant the couple have made and sworn during the day of their wedding is indeed a life long commitment.

"Grant us, O Lord, to be one heart and one soul, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part."

For what God has joined together let no man can separate them. We know that this is a new phase in our life which we cannot do alone as a human beings and instead we have to have God as the center of our relationship.


After the seminar we have full of wisdom and knowledge that have been learned all through out the 4 hours duration and it seems that the time flies that fast that we haven't even notice. After which they have given us our certificate of attendance and a well wishes from the speaker.


After our pre-cana seminar we are then scheduled to have our canonical interview.  We were already in the room and was about to start when suddenly the priest (who we thought he is) noticed that Rvee is not a Catholic he then stop and exit the room and told us that the parish priest should be the one to interview us since we are mixed marriage..again!!! kaya nga kame nare-schedule di ba kase nga wala priest before. Then we were told that he is just still a deacon and not yet ordained as priest, so we waited. There were 2 other couple waiting for their turn of the canonical as well. We have a short talked with them and find out that their wedding is also February. Since they are also mixed marriage, we shared something in common hehehe. Ate Fe the church assistant then called us for the Canonical interview. We were amazed that all those scheduled for Canonical were in the same room. I don't know why but I think it was okay though so it will be less "nakakaba". There was no interview at all, more like the priest just give us advises regarding married life. Then he just signed our canonical interview form and were done!!!


our certificate of attendance



No comments:

Post a Comment