Wedding

Labels

Monday, November 29, 2010

The bridal gown...and the designer!

When we are starting to plan the wedding. I already wanted simple yet elegant gown. I am not really fan of those beaded super fluffy with lace and all. I tried to look for several designs in the net and this picture caught my attention.


I have already my wedding gown inspiration. Now, the question is who will execute this gown that I want :-( I have search again several couturier who can make my dream gown. There are several designers that are to die for like Veluz, Cecilio Abad, JC Buendia, Rajo Laurel etc... But, even if I really wanted them, we cannot afford them :-). I didn't want to splurge much on the gown coz there are other important things that we can used the money for in our wedding. H2B and I talked about the budget and we settled with that and look for a designer that is within the range or if it can go up at least a lil higher than our budget only. After several meetings with designer. One of my team member suggested Zandra Lim. I immediately look at her site. I was amazed in her gown designs saved in her portfolio. We decided to pay Zandra a visit. Rvee and I look for her shop in E. Rodriguez Sr. in Quezon City, luckily we were able to find her shop.


At first Zandra is very shy, she's soft spoken . Then I let her see my wedding gown inspiration. She told me that she make her own version of what I want and will make a twist so as not to copy the entire wedding gown. She's very open for suggestion and does not tell you what she wants, but will definitely advise what will look best on you. That is what I like also in her. After she's done with her sketch this is how it looks like already:

Front design

back with detachable train

 And after that syempre there goes the price discussion. She have mentioned the fabrics that she will be using in my gown. And there goes the computation...tada!!! it is within our budget! I ask H2B his opinion regarding my gown. He just ask me, "gusto mo ba?...are you happy?" syempre nod and yes lang ako. So sabi ni hubby then we get "Zandra Lim to make your dream gown". Am super touch with my Rvee...he's the sweetest man ever!


No comments:

Post a Comment